Scalp Massage – How to Do a Proper Scalp Massage
Scalp massage is literally the most effective, cheapest (it’s free!), and simple thing you can do to grow hair.
Scalp massage immediately increases blood flow and circulation to the scalp and the hair follicles, relieves stress and tension which can hinder your body’s ability to concentrate energy on hair growth, and removes excess sebum or dead skin that may be clogging your follicles. All of these benefits lead to the result you are looking for: they help to grow hair.
- But how do you do a proper scalp massage?
- How long does it take?
- Where do you start?
I’ll share my technique, with step by step scalp massage instructions – usually available only in my book – for free, right now.
HOW TO DO A PROPER SCALP MASSAGE
- Start at the base of your neck, keep your fingers together and with your fingers and thumb of each hand, use light pressure and knead the muscles at the back of your neck, for about 30 seconds until you feel an “opening up” and relaxation.
- Move your fingers slowly toward the crown of your head, making little circles as you go. These circles should not “scrub” the scalp (or rub against your hair). If you have the right amount of pressure, the scalp will move under your fingers with the circular motion, over your skull. As you do this, allow your hand to spread so that the thumbs stay just behind your ears as the fingers advance toward the crown. Relax and enjoy this process, don’t hurry – it should take a few minutes and you should start to feel a tingling.
- You can press a bit harder now, as you move your thumbs in circles toward your temples, keeping the fingers squarely on the crown.
- When your thumbs are on your temples, begin to move your fingertips over the top of your head, toward your hairline using the same circles. Take your time and massage all along your hairline, lifting your hair up, if need be, to get to your scalp. Remember, do not scrub your scalp, instead use the pads of your fingers and gentle pressure to move your scalp around in a circular motion.
- Now put your head between your knees to increase the blood flow to your follicles, and use your fingertips to gently tug on your hair at the roots. This process is very gentle, just lifting your hair a bit – do not pull hard or be rough. When you have done this to the top, sides, and back, sit back up slowly and then rest for a minute.
- Finally, plant the fingers firmly on the scalp with your thumbs at your temples, fingers splayed over the top of the head, and start a back-and-forth vibration of the scalp over the skull. Move your fingers over the back of your head, and finish off with a few seconds of kneading the back of your neck. Then quickly tap once all over your head with the very tips of your fingers so that the touch feels like gentle rain.
- Smooth your index and middle fingers a couple of times over your forehead, from the center out, and then draw them over the eyebrows twice, to release any tension in the face.
Can you imagine looking into the mirror a few months from now and being amazed at how much healthier your hair looks? Getting compliments on your hair and fielding questions from friends on what your secret is because your hair is just growing like crazy?
Then you’ve come to the right place, because I will share my secrets with you. And scalp massage is just one of them! But it is one of the most important.
So am I really saying that all you have to do to grow the hair you want is to start massaging your scalp?
Well, yes and no.
If you were to make just this ONE change, to start regularly doing a scalp massage, then yes, I say this is the best change you could make and you WILL see results, without a doubt. Yes, I’m that confident.
But if you’re serious about growing your hair long, growing your hair fast, or regrowing hair that you’ve lost, then you need to read my book where I reveal everything I know in a step by step, easy to follow format that will leave you with a personalized plan for growing the absolute most beautiful hair you’ve ever had. It is available here, and you can download it immediately and get started right away!